Wednesday 24 August 2016

The Expert Answers...




Duke Ellington - The Experts Answer - Rare 16MM TV Show - Ellington's Own Print!
Closed circuit college 30 minute black & white interview show called "The Experts Answer" , with Mr. Ellington being interviewed by  students from Columbia University, the subject of course, is jazz music.
This print was requested & owned by Ellington himself, photos are of the actual letter sent with the print.
I won several prints from the Duke Ellington auction at the Museum of Jazz. Please see my other auctions for the other films.
This is episode #2 of  "Experts Answer".
Probably originally filmed on video tape, & this 16mm print was made at Mr. Ellington's request. This may be the only print of this in existence.
Print is in excellent condition, with a very light line. Letter has a few light stains and creases. 
B&W, 1200 feet, sound - In original can with letter & shipping receipt. 
Opportunity to own a one of a kind item, once owned by this Jazz legend.
All photos are from the actual print being offered.

















2 comments:

  1. Hi Ian, is there any chance that you post this
    on YouTube or something? Nice site, by the way!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could. I did bid - but unsuccessfully. The reel sold for £250. I've no idea who owns it now. I try to post these 'treasures' on the blog - and it's a bit of a mystery who has bought them. The Smithsonian, I hope, so that the public may see this some day. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete